Follow us on Twitter @BostockGreen
Please scroll down the page for the latest news from the village.
About Bostock Green
Bostock Green is an extremely well preserved example of a model estate village that has survived virtually unchanged since the late nineteenth century. It is a designated conservation area and is situated in the historic county of Cheshire, which is marked by an oak tree planted on the occasion of Her Majesty Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee in 1897.
The village comprises of individual brick built cottages interspersed with oak trees, each of which have cobbled front paths, garden hedges and white paling gates. In addition, there are a number of Victorian special purpose community buildings, namely the Reading Room or Institute (latterly the Social Club), the working Smithy, former Laundry (more recently the Parish Hall), Bowling Green Pavilion and Pump Shelter. All brick used in the village cottages was made locally in Brick Kiln Lane to the west of the village
The village was originally laid out in 1775 when the well-wooded park of Bostock was landscaped by John Webb, who co-operated with Samuel Wyatts on other grounds of his Cheshire country houses such as Tatton Park and Doddington. The major additions to and remodelling of the village took place in the 1870’s under Canon France-Hayhurst and Colonel France-Hayhurst. Apart from the Laundry of 1906 and the recreation of the half-timbered pavilion on the village green in 1912, whose spire matches that of the stables and boathouse within the Hall’s grounds, nothing substantial has been added since.
The village survives as a remarkably intact Georgian and Victorian model estate village benefitting from unified and consistent property management.
Temples Property Management, Northwich, is the agent for our Model Village at Bostock Green. They are the leading firm covering Cheshire and have recently won the award for Best Small Chain of Letting Agents in the UK, at the Estate and Letting Agents Awards 2012.
As part of their service, the Temples team are on hand 24hrs a day. For everyday matters, including tenancy enquiries, their number is 01606 333742.
You can now meet the landlord of The Hayhurst Arms, Chris Beswick and his family. The pub/restaurant opens its doors to the public on 5 February. Full article originally appeared in the Northwich Guardian and can be read under our News section here.
On behalf of residents and businesses in Bostock, the Tatton Estate is urging Cheshire West and Chester County Council (CWAC) to investigate a traffic management and calming scheme to improve safety and the local environment along London Road, which passes through the centre of the historic village of Bostock Green.
A traffic management and calming scheme would enhance the Conservation Area; reduce the risk of death and injury to adults and children; reduce noise and vibration and overall environmental health to residents and the new Nursery School.
Measures could include a 30mph or lower speed limit; a part time advisory speed limit at school time; quieter road surface; traffic calming; on-street parking with physical protection; a lining and road colouring scheme and better signage to ensure traffic uses the A533 bypass. We would be delighted if you would support and share our online petition here.
Do you want to know more about life in Bostock Green? You can find the latest version of the village newsletter here: Bostock-Newsletter-Sept-2014
Keep up-to-date with images of the progress of The Hayhurst Arms here.
View images from the Bostock Green Village Fete here.
Bostock Green Village Social Club is to enjoy a new lease of life as a pub restaurant which has been named in memory of a well-known local family. Tatton Estate Management has granted a new 50-year lease to Brunning and Price, part of The Restaurant Group (UK), for the Hayhurst Arms, formerly the social club, which closed in December 2012. The pub restaurant’s name pays tribute to a family who lived in the nearby Bostock Hall and created the village, in particular during the 1870s under Canon France-Hayhurst and Colonel France-Hayhurst, who made major additions and improvements to Bostock Green village, and at the end of the 20th century under Dinah France-Hayhurst, who helped many local causes. See article in the Northwich Guardian Read more